Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in your local community?
Have you had the privilege of gaining valuable experience in the field of Cooking?
Join us in a fulfilling and rewarding career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others.
Lostock Lodge cares for clients with both Residential and Dementia needs and provides excellent care for up to 27 older people.
The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential care or who are living with dementia and other complex conditions.
We are seeking a Assistant Cook to join our friendly team, at Lostock Care Home.
We are currently offering 28 hours per week, inclusive of weekend work.
Hourly rate: £10.58 per hour.
What does the job role involve?
The role includes but is not limited to:
This role involves carrying out duties for meal preparations, orders and staff requirements, whilst maintaining food hygiene standards and the following tasks:
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- Any ad hoc duties to meet service delivery for our residents.
What makes a successful candidate:
- Must have previous cooking experience
- Great communication skills
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- Be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
What we can offer you in return for your hardwork and commitment:
- Part time contract, with flexible hours
- Day shifts
- 28 hours per week, (bank hours also on offer)
- Hours: 10am – 6pm
- Includes working weekends on a rota basis
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Paid breaks
- Free DBS
- Free or discounted meals
- Company pension
- Wagestream – Same-day pay
- Our employee assist programme – healthcare and mental health support
- Free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses.
- Yearly salary review
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Being part of an organisation where empowering and valuing our people is fundamental to everything we do
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play an important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived and embraced every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our amazing residents, then we want to hear from you now!