Are you looking to work locally?
Are you caring, personable and trustworthy? Do you have or want care experience?
Aaron House care home, is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds in a quiet rural area of Edinburgh. The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential care, nursing care or who are living with dementia and other complex conditions
We are looking for Care Assistants and other roles to join our friendly team, at Aaron House Care Home, in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
What does the job role involve?
- The role includes care and support to the people we support with personal care, ensuring preferences, and providing social support and making memories.
- Ensuring care plans are followed, records are completed using our electronic care platform “Nourish” and work as a committed team member.
- Showing your positive caring values in all aspects of practice and being a supportive team member
A successful candidate:
- You will be enthusiastic about providing care
- You will have great values and compassion for supporting people
- Experience is an advantage, but not necessary, as full support and training will be provided
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- You will develop good communication skills that ensure great care
- You will be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities to ensure great care and team working
- You will engage the people we support in their continuing interests and supporting positive experiences
What we can offer:
- Opportunity to work in a truly committed team
- Full and Part time contract’s available (Minimum availability must be 24 hours per week)
- Day shifts
- 24, 36, 42 or 48 hours available per week (Must be able to work 24 hours or more per week)
- Working hours: 8am – 8pm, 8am – 2pm or 2pm – 8pm, including weekend work
- Pay rate: £10.94 per hour
- Full 1 hour paid break
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Company pension and life insurance
- Free PVG (T&C’s apply)
- Free parking
- Free or discounted meals
- Annual fee paid towards the SSSC registration
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Support with professional development , such as SVQ and with ongoing Training and Development
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play a important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are your values too and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our residents, then we want to hear from you.
AUREM Care – Ambitious, Unique, Respectful, Engaging, Meaningful
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: £10.94 per hour
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- United Kingdom (required)