Are you looking to work locally ?
Do you enjoy cooking and have experience?
Are you able to work alongside residents in a Care Home to cater for their meals?
Buxton Lodge Care Home is a CQC registered care home which has been rated good. The home cares for up to 40 older people who require residential or nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
We are seeking experienced Cook’s to join our friendly team, at Buxton Lodge Care Home, in Caterham, Surrey.
We currently have 20 hours on offer, inclusive of weekend work.
Hourly rate: £11.32 per hour
What does the job role involve?
This role involves carrying out duties for meal preparations, orders and staff requirements, whilst maintaining food hygiene standards and the following tasks:
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- Any ad hoc duties to meet service delivery for our residents.
What makes a successful candidate:
- Must have previous chef/cooking experience
- Great communication skills
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- Be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
What we can offer:
- Day shifts
- Part time contract on offer
- Split shifts available for part time hours: 8am – 2pm or 2pm – 6pm, including weekend work
- Paid break
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Life insurance
- Free DBS (T & C’s apply)
- Free or discounted meals
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Wagestream – Same-day pay
- Our employee assist programme – healthcare and mental health support
- Free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses.
- Yearly salary review
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Being part of an organisation where empowering and valuing our people is fundamental to everything we do
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play an important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived and embraced every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our amazing residents, then we want to hear from you now!