Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in your local community?
Have you had the privilege of gaining valuable experience in the field of Houskeeping?
Join us in a fulfilling and rewarding career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others.
Hillcrest has been a care home since 1988, it cares for clients with both Residential and Dementia needs and provides excellent care for up to 32 older people.
The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential care or who are living with dementia and other complex conditions.
We are seeking a Housekeeper with Domestic & Laundry Assistant to join our friendly team, at Hillcrest Care Home, in Frodsham, Cheshire.
We currently offer flexible contracted hours, inclusive of weekend work.
Hourly rate: £10.42 per hour.
What does the job role involve?
Domestic and Laundry Assistants play an important part in our care homes, ensuring it is a clean and safe environment for our residents and staff.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy.
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for Laundry and Infection Control.
- When working in the laundry Infection Control measures must be complied with at all times, gloves and aprons must be worn for loading dirty/soiled linen into machines.
- Infected/soiled linen to be collected and laundered in Red Alginate bags.
- Ensure pockets have been checked to avoid unwanted items going through the laundry process.
- Any clothing repairs to be undertaken or reported to Keyworker or family.
- Check clothing is marked with Residents name to avoid loss or wrongly placed items.
- Any ad hoc duties to meet service delivery for our residents.
What makes a successful candidate:
- Must have previous domestic and laundry experience
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- You will have great communication and organisational skills
- Be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
What can we offer you in return for your hardwork and commitment?
- Part time contracts on offer
- Day shifts
- 12 – 18 hours available per week (bank options also available!)
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Free DBS (T & C’s apply)
- Free or discounted meals
- Free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses.
- Yearly salary review
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Being part of an organisation where empowering and valuing our people is fundamental to everything we do
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play a important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our residents, then we want to hear from you!