Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in your local community?
Have you had the privilege of gaining valuable experience in the field of gardening?
Join us in a fulfilling and rewarding career where you can truly make a difference.
Hailsham House provides care for up to 90 older people who require residential or nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
We are seeking a experienced Gardener to join our friendly team, at Hailsham Care Home, in Hellingly, East Sussex
We currently offering full time hours.
Hourly rate: £11.64 per hour.
Looking for the right candidate to start in April.
What does the job role involve?
The role includes but is not limited to:
- To ensure familiarisation of the health and safety policy and to work in a safe manner with regard to oneself the service users, visitors and other members of
- To ensure public pathways / roads outside of Homes are kept clean and clear of
- To clean and maintain garden furniture, signs, fences, gates, hanging baskets, planters and water butts.
- To maintain outside guttering where identified ensuring they remain clear and unobstructed with leaves and
- To ensure that all drains are kept clean and clear of
- To ensure that the lawns are mown weekly during spring / summer months and are fed and maintained to a high Lawns to be kept short, neat and leaf free in the winter months.
- All borders are to be kept clear of weeds and shrubs kept tidy and
- All borders to be dug over and replanted as necessary in the autumn / spring Watering and feeding to be introduced into regime to maintain healthy growth.
- Trees are to be safely maintained and to be observed for signs of disease or Any loose branches or boughs need to be identified and removed if identified as a safety hazard.
- Smoking areas to be swept clean and smoking receptacles to be emptied and swept
- Outside walls, window frames on lower levels to be washed down if dirty and any spider webs removed as
- To identify and report any pest/insect problems and to seek advice on how to eradicate any identified areas of
- All sheds, greenhouses and storage areas to be kept clean and All rubbish to be disposed of as necessary.
- All tools to be kept in identified locked storage area and left clean, well maintained and Any breakages/faults must be reported to Home Manager.
- All work must be carried out under strict health and safety At any time, no risk should be present to Service Users, staff, the general public or wildlife.
- Ensure Risk Assessments are in place for specialist work carried
- To assist in other areas of work within the company if
- Any ad hoc duties to meet service delivery for our residents.
What makes a successful candidate:
- Previous experience is required
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- Great communication skills
- Be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
- Engage well with people we support
What can we offer you in return for your hardwork and commitment?
- 40 hours per week, must be able to work 1 weekend per month
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Life insurance
- Free or discounted meals
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Wagestream – Same-day pay
- Our employee assist programme – healthcare and mental health support
- Free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses.
- Yearly salary review
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Being part of an organisation where empowering and valuing our people is fundamental to everything we do
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play an important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived and embraced every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our amazing residents, then we want to hear from you now!