Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in your local community?
Do you enjoy working in the kitchen and have experience?
Are you able to work alongside residents in a Care Home?
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Kitchen Assistant Assistant to join our friendly team at The Oaks Care Home, which is based in Lexden, Colchester.
The Oaks Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and has a Good CQC rating, the home provides care for up to 61 older people.
The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential care, nursing care or who are living with dementia and other complex conditions.
We have 40 hours on offer per week, inclusive of weekend work.
Hourly rate: £10.56 per hour
What does the job role involve?
- To ensure C.O.S.H.H. requirements are met at all times.
- To wash up with respect for all equipment.
- To ensure kitchen floor and work surfaces are thoroughly disinfected daily.
- To ensure dishwasher cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- To ensure that tea trolley is set up and ready for use throughout the day.
- Where applicable to wipe all bedroom tables thoroughly when collecting food trays.
- To empty bins regularly and dispose of waste bags.
- To ensure tables are laid in dining room.
- To ensure trays of hot or cold drinks with biscuits is made and delivered to visitors/relatives as required.
- Any other ad hoc duties within the role
What makes a successful candidate:
- Must have previous kitchen assistant experience
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- You will have great communication and organisational skills
- Be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
What can we offer you in return for your hardwork and commitment?
- Full and part time contract’s available with flexible hours
- Day shifts
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Life insurance
- Free DBS (T & C’s apply)
- Free or discounted meals
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Wagestream – Same-day pay
- Our employee assist programme – healthcare and mental health support
- Free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses.
- Yearly salary review
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Being part of an organisation where empowering and valuing our people is fundamental to everything we do
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play an important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived and embraced every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our amazing residents, then we want to hear from you now!