Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in your local community?
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Laundry Assistant to join our friendly team at Aaron House care home which is based in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
Aaron House care home, is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds in a quiet rural area of Edinburgh.
The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential care, nursing care or who are living with dementia and other complex conditions
We currently have a 30 hours per week on offer, inclusive of weekend work.
Hourly rate: £10.56 per hour.
What does the job role involve?
Laundry Assistants play an important part in our care homes, ensuring it is a clean and safe environment for our residents and staff.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for Laundry and Infection Control.
- When working in the laundry Infection Control measures must be complied with at all times, gloves and aprons must be worn for loading dirty/soiled linen into machines.
- Infected/soiled linen to be collected and laundered in Red Alginate bags.
- Ensure pockets have been checked to avoid unwanted items going through the laundry process.
- Ensure that Infection Control & Prevention policy, regulations and guidelines are adhered to.
- Any clothing repairs to be undertaken or reported to Keyworker or family.
- Check clothing is marked with Residents name to avoid loss or wrongly placed items.
- Any other ad hoc duties within the role
What makes a successful candidate:
- Must have previous Laundry assistant experience
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- You will have great communication and organisational skills
- Be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
What can we offer you in return, for your hardwork and commitment?
- 30 hour contract on offer (bank options also available)
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Life insurance
- Free PVG (T & C’s apply)
- Free or discounted meals
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Wagestream – Same-day pay
- Our employee assist programme – healthcare and mental health support
- Free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses.
- Yearly salary review
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Being part of an organisation where empowering and valuing our people is fundamental to everything we do
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play a important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our residents, then we want to hear from you!