We are seeking an enthusiastic maintenance person to join our friendly team at South Haven Lodge Care Home which is based in Woolston, Southampton.
South Haven Lodge Care Home is a CQC registered care home which can care for up to 45 older residents who require residential, nursing care or who are living with dementia.
- Great values are required and previous maintenance experience is a must
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtain good communication skills
- Able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities set
What we can offer:
- Full time contract
- 40 hours available per week
- Pay: £11.84 per hour
- Full 1 hour paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Free DBS (T & C’s apply)
- Free or discounted meals
- Company pension and life insurance
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
The maintenance person will ensure the premises and grounds are maintained to a high standard and provide the residents with a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment in which to live.
The role involves the below duties:
- Carry out repairs as required or contact engineers/service agent where applicable.
- Undertake basic visual electrical checks on all equipment, i.e. ensuring that all plugs and cables equipment are checked for signs of damage, labelling is legible and correct. Any faults are reported to the Home Manager and Electrical Contractor.
- Ensure that daily/weekly/monthly fire checks are completed which includes the fire alarm system, fire extinguisher, fire doors and sprinkler system recording findings.
- Pre-weekend check; lights, electrical, heating, prior to the weekend or Bank holidays.
- To ensure monthly meter readings of gas, electricity and water are submitted to the Administrator/Manager on specified dates.
- Undertake general redecoration works as instructed by the Home Manager.
- Undertake ground maintenance, keeping the grass cut, shrubs, bushes and hedges pruned and the site generally weed free.
- To be aware of maintaining resident’s privacy and to communicate with nursing staff should works be required which will affect resident care.
- Where necessary and under the direction of the Home Manager, participate in the collation of key performance indicator data and evidence.
- Including all other duties as per the job role.
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play a important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are your values too and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our residents, then we want to hear from you.
AUREM Care – Ambitious, Unique, Respectful, Engaging, Meaningful