Are you an experienced Operations Support Manager looking for a new challenge within the care sector?
We are seeking a dynamic individual who knows what great care looks like and can lead with passion to support our Care homes.
This is a great opportunity to join Aurem Care who will support you in your role and in your career as the company grows.
The role requires national travel, overnight stays, and time away from home. This is a high-profile role within the organisation and will involve multi stakeholder engagement.
About Aurem Care
We are a residential and Nursing care provider with homes across the UK and Scotland, we are proud to provide the highest levels of care throughout our homes.
We have a hands-on approach to care home management and ambitious growth plans for the future.
Job Responsibilities include:
Care/Quality and Service Improvement
- Ensure that there is a robust plan in place for support for any service that you are managing, utilising existing teams and divisional support teams as required
- Ensure compliance with internal compliance reporting, including upwards and downs reporting if improvements made etc.
- Identify, action and impairment control measures for risk, ensuing that any serious risks are escalated to the senior leadership team
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationships and family relationships as required
- Investigate any complaints, conduct issues in partnership with the HR function and provide robust feedback/actions as required
- Lead on referral activity for the service, ensuing robust assessments take place, may also include leading on new services or repurpose of existing service.
- Identify opportunities for business development and link with Business Development colleagues, ensuring new service provisions and also a referral pipeline
- Support the Operations Director to increase the number of available beds across the group.
- Ensure that staff are supported, recruited and managed in line with Aurem Policy and Procedure, and are managed in line with budget expectations. This will include ensuring sufficient staffing is made available, and Rotas planned 4 weeks in advance.
- Ensure the smooth transition and induction of new Registered Managers.
- Consideration to be given to multi-site management, and managing different managers as directed by the Operations Director
- Manage staff performance in line with expectations, linking with divisional HR support functions as required, and that staff have required training and have the skills to meet the expectation of the role through linking with Learning and Development
A successful candidate:
- Previously worked as a Operations Support Manager within the health care sector
- Level 4 in Care/Leadership and Management, would be a advantage
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial principles and practices
- Good understanding of P&L structure and budget management
- Excellent leadership skills and manging teams with central functions and operations
- Highly motivated and excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible with travelling
What can we offer you in return for your hardwork and commitment?
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Salary: £50k per annum
- Location: North region: which includes Scotland, Cheshire, Derby, Lancashire
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Wagestream – Same-day pay scheme
- Wellbeing support: Our employee assist programme Health Assured gives you healthcare and mental health support
- Free training: Passion for training and development, you will have access to free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses
- Working within a great company and team that promotes its values through everything we do
- Long service awards
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play a important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference, then we want to hear from you!