Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in your local community?
Do you possess qualities such as compassion, approachability, and unwavering trustworthiness?
Have you had the privilege of gaining valuable experience in the field of nursing?
Join us in a fulfilling and rewarding career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others.
Buxton Lodge Care Home is a CQC registered care home which has been rated good. The home cares for up to 40 older people who require residential or nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
We are seeking Nurses to join our friendly team, at Buxton Lodge Care Home, in Caterham, Surrey.
We currently offer flexible contracted hours 24 per week, inclusive of weekend work.
Hourly rate: £20.93 per hour.
What does the job role involve?
Our clinical roles are demanding, busy and full of personal reward and job satisfaction.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Caring and supporting our amazing residents in their journey with Aurem Care.
- Ensuring the ongoing safety of residents
- Keeping up to date with clinical developments and best practice in areas relevant
- To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with NMC requirements and Procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policies and Procedures and report any untoward events in accordance with Aurem Care and Local Authority requirements
- Ensuring the needs of our residents are met through the use of our electronic care platform “Nourish”
- Work within a committed team member
- Showing positive caring values in all aspects of practice
- Any ad hoc duties to meet service delivery for our residents.
What makes a successful candidate:
- This role requires previous nursing experience
- Must have a valid NMC pin number
- Great values and compassion for supporting people
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- Great communication skills
- Be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
- Engage well with people we support in their continuing interests and supporting positive experiences
What can we offer you in return for your hardwork and commitment?
- Part time contract’s available with flexible hours
- Night shifts on offer
- 24 hours available per week (bank options also available!)
- Tuesday & Wednesday nights
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- NMC revalidation provided
- Life insurance
- Free DBS (T & C’s apply)
- Free or discounted meals
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Wagestream – Same-day pay
- Our employee assist programme – healthcare and mental health support
- Free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses.
- Yearly salary review
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Being part of an organisation where empowering and valuing our people is fundamental to everything we do
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play an important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived and embraced every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our amazing residents, then we want to hear from you now!