Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in your local community?
Do you possess qualities such as compassion, approachability, and unwavering trustworthiness?
Have you had the privilege of gaining valuable experience in the field of organising activities with older people?
Join us in a fulfilling and rewarding career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others.
Kettlewell House is a Care home which is led by fully trained and a professional team, the home provides care for up to 37 older people who require residential, nursing support, or who are living with dementia.
We currently have a 40 hour contract, inclusive of weekend work.
Hourly rate: £10.84 per hour.
What does the job role involve?
We recognise that our residents are unique and respect that everyone needs their own space and time. We encourage and support everyone to participate in varied activities and events that are organised in all our homes.
Whether it’s just chatting in the living areas or gardens with friends and family, enjoying live entertainment or actively baking, getting creative with arts and crafts, each activity programme is centred around the individuals interests and hobbies.
The role includes:
- Organising stimulating programmes of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis
- Produce a weekly social events programme
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- Any other ad hoc duties to meet the service delivery for our residents.
What makes a successful candidate:
- Must be creative with previous experience
- Great values and compassion for supporting people
- You will be able to work well as part of a team and independently showing creativity and passion for the work you do
- Great communication skills
- Be able to follow and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
- Engage well with people we support in their continuing interests and supporting positive experiences
What can we offer you in return for your hardwork and commitment?
- Full and Part time contract’s available with flexible hours
- Day shifts
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Free DBS (T & C’s apply)
- Free or discounted meals
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Wagestream – Same-day pay
- Our employee assist programme – healthcare and mental health support
- Free in house training via our elearning platform, your Hippo, in addition to our fully funded apprenticeship courses.
- Yearly salary review
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Being part of an organisation where empowering and valuing our people is fundamental to everything we do
Why join us?
Aurem Care homes are all about people caring about people, we believe our care homes should be happy homes for loved ones.
Our team play an important role in our homes, to ensure that our values are lived and embraced every day.
Diversity, Integrity, Fun, Committed and Connecting
If these are values that resonate with you and you’re looking for a rewarding job in making a real difference to the lives of our amazing residents, then we want to hear from you now!